Friday, March 2, 2012

The blood of Abel cries out...


"If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it." Now Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let's go out to the field." While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him. Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" "I don't know," he replied. "Am I my brother's keeper?" The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground."
(NIV) Genesis 4:7-10

Adam, the first man, whose name translation from Hebrew means literally "man", had at first two children, Cain and Abel. Adam typifies the humanity, but the humanity apart from God, the fallen humanity.

Adam had two male children. Adam had two first fruits of his manhood. See that the first fruit of the generation of Adam, on the other hand, has become a murderer. Cain killed Abel for being envious that God accepted his brother's offer but not his own. Abel, in turn, also a fruit of Adam, wanted to please the Lord, and sought to offer God the best part. The act of Cain turned him into a wanderer drifter on the earth.

This two sons of Adam, typifies, by what I can see, all the other sons of Adam. Inside our human nature, there is the wanting to know and please God. But inside our human nature, there is also the wanting to produce evil.

Paul has spoke about that in the letter to the Romans, when he said:

"So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?"
(NIV) Romans 7:21-24

Cain and Abel, this human nature, still fight inside of us, the men, and Cain is inside of us, and he is always killing Abel. But the blood of Abel always cries out before God. The mankind longs for the presence of God a for the justice of God.

But Paul follows:

"Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,"
(NVI) Romans 7:25, 8:1-3

This battle ends in Jesus Christ. The blood of Abel finds rest. Its crying is heard. We don't need any longer to live this battle inside us, because Jesus Christ with His blood redeemed all the sin, and condemned all flesh in the cross, but when he rose, he rose to give us life, and a full and abundant life. We don't need to walk in this earth as a drifter, like Cain had. Though we can move in the heavenly places, in Jesus Christ, and experience that the joy of the Lord is our strength.

We can confess before God those things that belong to the nature of Cain; those things that lead us into and open the door so that our old nature be feed and manifested. Though, in our heart, we know we need to be close to God. The blood of Abel cries out, but Jesus want to give us deliverance today.

God wants us to live the full life, the abundant life in Him, in a way that we don't need any longer to cry, to mourn and to walk as drifters on this earth. We can, instead, be salt, light, and walk accordingly to the purpose of God.

Stay in the peace of Jesus Christ!
Saulo Oliveira Santos.

No comments:

Post a Comment